You may or may not know this, but the YMCA is a charity. The Y is a 172 year old nonprofit organization dedicated to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
At the YMCA, we believe in the importance of serving communities across the US and the world (in 119 countries, actually). See below for some examples of what my Y has done in the past year...
In 2016, my Y (The Haselwood Family YMCA) provided:
- 300 foster children with 100% financial assistance for their memberships (totalling over $55,000)
- 220 weeks of summer camp for low-income families
- 7,500 teens with a safe, healthy, active & FREE environment through our Teen Late Night program
- 79 cancer patients with almost 1000 contact hours of support and free 3 month memberships through our LIVESTRONG program
- Free life-saving water safety and swim skills to thousands of children
- Group exercise and social activities targeted at keeping older adults connected to their communities
- And so much more!
We can not fund these critical services without help. Any contribution - from $1 and up - will make an impact. You can make a one-time donation, or set up a monthly deduction plan. Please give at the level that feels right for you.
Everything the Y does is in service of building a better us. For a better you. For a better community. For a better country.
For a better us.™
Thank you again for your generous contribution to the Y.